Baby BOY Alexander!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

From Tennessee to Maryland

We're here in MD and we can hardly believe it! Literally as we pulled up to our new neighborhood, we were both in shock that we were actually here. I kept telling Walt to pinch me because I felt like I was in a dream or something. The trip up went very well- lots of sunshine and a little rain mixed with 2 Starbucks stops, a chocolate milkshake, Arby's Fresh Market sandwiches and yummy curly fries!

Walt driving beside me...notice how our stuff is filled to the top of the car's ceiling
(both cars were like that)



Starbucks stop

Waiting in Maryland traffic...

When we arrived, Vilma and Mary joyfully greeted us, helped us move our stuff in our basement apartment and served us a delicious dinner of curry chicken, rice, and broccoli (Thanks Vilma!). In our kitchen, we were surprised by a welcome basket filled with some of our favorite goodies and handy maps of Maryland from the Sovereign Grace Ministries Pastors College staff. Also, some buddies of ours from home went to the Clash and left us notes to read upon our arrival (the notes were so encouraging!)...thanks so much for thinking of us Daniel, Jake, Austin, Katie, Hannah, Lisa, Bill, and Zack!! God has been so kind to us since we've left Knoxville. We have experienced so much of His grace!

12 comments:

Cooper Family said...

So miss you all already!

Get used to the traffic! It is a beast!

Jeff said...

Glad your trip and welcome to Gaithersburg went well. Thanks for the blog...we are looking forward to staying in touch and are excited to hear all about your amazing PC experiences.
Miss ya,
Jeff and Mel

lillian said...

yum...arby's curly fries...
missin you guys already!

love the princes

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! I'll definitely be reading! :)

Jill Brickey said...

Man...have fun! I'll be praying for you. I can't wait to read about how it goes up north.

*If you want a fun field trip, find a Wegman's and grab a dessert. Yummy!

Poff said...

I love you Kim! I can't wait to come visit! Then I hope someday we'll live close enough to see each other more often. Having you in my life no matter how far has really been a blessing for me!

I'm wishing the best for you both!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us informed and we hope the offer is still on the table! Enjoy the next couple of weeks before the hard work begins! Love you both and remember that the city of Atlanta does not have a SG church.

The Lester's

Anonymous said...

I love you Kimberly!!!! I am so glad that you and Walt are safe and sound in Gaithersburg. I love the blog set up and the pics. I hope plans for me to come visit work out!!!!! I need to find out the dates of Lars' conference. I miss you bunches :o) I'm with Laura, I hope we will all live within several hours of each other one day. Keep us updated on the Alexander clan!!

Love,
Mel (former S.B.S. member)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! It was great to hear from you. I am glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch. We miss you esp Riya. She talks about you ALL the time. Please don't forget to visit us when you come home.
Take care I look forward to hearing more from you.
Love
Sheths

Anonymous said...

It's welcome week and we're missin' some Walt and Kimmee. New people are going to be added this week...and their gonna be like, "Who is this Walt and Kim we're hearing so much about?"! Can't wait for them to meet you in 9 months. Love you guys! The Plews

Unknown said...

Hello Somebody!!!!!!!!!!!



Good Luck up there!!!!


V and Nic

Margie said...

I love all the pictures.